Wednesday 17 October 2012

Week 3 - Creative - Character Design (Weegee)

Over the past couple of days i've been looking into the design of the main character for Marc's Pitch called Weegee. Here is some of the first few development sketches I did looking at old reference photos and trying to work into it my own flavour and style.




But after messing around with it I really enjoying this design. The squashed body shape and the sunken in eyes work very well together. I also wanted to make the camera look out of proportion and almost like an extension of his own body. 


After having some feedback from Marc we settled on a rough turnaround. Giving him a more worn out and rough look. So the bags under his eyes have been pushed and his clothes have been pushed to give him a less polished look of him. It's been nice to get back into the swing of trying to do turn arounds for characters. I still need to work on it but I've been given some great pointers from Derek that I am planning to apply to my future turn arounds.






No comments:

Post a Comment