Friday 5 October 2012

Week 1 – Creative Week - STORY

I have hit the ground running and started looking into what I shall be doing throughout the course of this year. Over the summer I wasn’t all together sure if I was going to wind up pitching a project of my own or just helping out on others. After some brainstorming within the first few days I have settled on what I want to pitch. The story goes as follows:

It centers around one young gutsy boy who thinks he can dive off what we think is the top diving board. When he gets there it dawns on him just how high he is and he panics. After mustering the courage to dive he goes for it only for the camera to reveal that he was diving off the smallest diving board.

I wanted to go with something that would contain a simple storyline. Something that has a beginning, middle and an end. It also has a quick punch line. I was watching this great talk on storytelling by Andrew Stanton in which he give pointers about his attempts at storytelling within the likes of Finding Nemo and WALL-E. You can see that below.



This is where I got the inspiration of making a short simple visual joke. I have bounced it off quite a few people on my course and seemed to get quite the positive response from just the story and not even showing them any visuals yet. Which can only be a good sign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment