Friday 5 October 2012

Week 1 – Creative Week - DESIGN

I have begun to start collecting images and videos of animations that I want to base the style upon. Looking at different styles has made me think that my piece should have a textured feel to it. I don’t want it to look as if someone has just bashed it out on flash I want to take care within the design of it. Else what is the point of even making this into an animated piece of work?

I have also been experimenting and looking at if the main character should be a boy or a girl. I have been doing some rough designs in both genders and both seem to work really well. But I think after looking at what I have been doing previously. Especially which just my own personal sketchbook work I tend to lean towards drawing female characters so I think in order to push myself I’m going to try and push forward with the design of the boy.

The plan for next week is to start developing the script and also the character design. All of this is happening to build up to the mini pitch that I have during the end of the next week. Which I am excited to deliver what I have been working on. 

As of this moment this pitch has no title. Which is another issue I need to deal with next week. 

Edit - 06-10-12

I love the style behind this show Gravity Falls. The kids both have such a strong design behind them. I think that through their design you get the feeling and the emotion really clear.





No comments:

Post a Comment