Saturday 16 February 2013

A Productions Internship - Day 5


NumTums Artwork (Not made by Me)

So I had my last day at A Productions. It's been a great learning experience. Even though I spent a lot of my time working on clean up work I enjoying it. After talking to Emma who had organised the oppertunity she told me that when they hire new people one of the first things they ask them is how they are with monotonous tasks. Even the most proficient person can feel it. Luckily I found that Listenning to musicals is enough to keep me going. But as the studio is now working full on with the show NumTums they will be producing around 50 episodes an be done by about a year from now. Emma showed me her schedule for the entire production and it looks so intense. They have so much going on at the same time. Basically they have about 20 different episodes being worked on in different stages at a time. From the look of it television work seems to be a lot more full on than film work. I'm still open to work within any part of the industry.

I also got given the opportunity to tweak some simple boards by the director Mark. Which was cool. Just changing the way numbers were counted up on screen to make them pop more. 

Overall I think that this week has been a incredible. It has shown me that there are other places to work other than the likes of massive mega studios. These smaller studios are nice and have more of a community feel I think. It was great to have a standard 9 to 5 working week to work within. I have been trying to apply this routine to my work at uni and it has made me work a lot more proficiently than working at home.

This has been great to keep me motivated and get some great work finished by the end of the year so that I can go out into the world and join a studio like A Productions. 

Back to university life next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment