Saturday 30 October 2010

It Got Me Thinking

This film really made me think about animation again and the way I still get people I talk to who believe that animation is only suited to children. Mary and Max surely has to be one of many reason s why that is most certainly not the case. The film deals with subjects of loneliness and friendship even spiralling depression and suicide. It's a stop-motion film that is set in both Melbourne, Australia and New York. I found that when I was watching it I began to forget that these were simple clay figures, they had become to much more than that. These were real people and I was witnessing their harrowing story. I still believe that in modern society we should be able to have more animated films that tackle real issue and push boundaries. The world needs to be more open-minded about animation and I feel that one of my personal goals it is to make it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment