Wednesday 13 October 2010

The Beginnings of my SketchBook Project

Okay , Here the deal. I have to do one painting/drawing a day while I stick to a certain rule each week. So I decided this week to Follow the "Badly Drawn Boy" brief. Where we take a song and use it as our inspiration for the day.


So I put on my iTunes and the first song on shuffle I decide to base my first drawing on. It was KT Tunstall's Paper Aeroplane.





I decided to take this song title literally for my piece. Keeping with the soft nature of the song I used watercolours to make it feel fragile and vulnerable. I really like the way it turned out. It has a feeling freedom and innocence as the plane flies of into the white abyss.




Here I channeled Style and Rebellion. After listening to This song I pictured something stylish and fit for partying. I had this idea after seeing an advert where they use a lipstick as the heel of a shoe. So I thought that a glass would be really fitting for the song. More Drawing are soon to follow and I can't wait to start doing more of these soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment