Tuesday 30 November 2010

My Animated Walk Cycle

We were set the task of creating our own walk cycle based on footage that we took of ourselves. It was a lot of fun to do this. I started of by taking the footage and putting through After Effects. I took my walk and tracked it to one spot. Then cropped the composition creating a real life walk cycle for myself.




After doing this I had a great reference to work with to create my 2D walk with. I noticed that I wasn’t that aniamated in the way I walked as my arms didn’t swing in time with my opposing legs. All these little details are what helped me start to sketch out my basic cycle. After testing it on the line tester I felt like it was missing a few frames so after adding a couple it began to look more natural.



I am really pleased with the final outcome. I think that it really has a small piece of me in this walk from the way the shoulders move to the way the legs swing. I am looking forward to trying this in 3D next time.

1 comment: